I love eggs…and cheese…and bacon…and sometimes vegetables! But I don’t always want to get involved with cooking a major breakfast early in the morning. This is a super easy way to have eggs for breakfast (also for dinner or a snack). My older kids customize this according to whatever leftovers I have sitting in the fridge. Sometimes it’s just eggs and cheese. It’s a really good way for the kids to have something hot on their way out the door.
Here is the method:
- Butter a microwave safe coffee mug.
- Place 1/4 cup assorted vegetables or meats in the bottom of cup*.
- Add two eggs, salt and pepper and mix.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds.
- Mix again and top with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Continue cooking on high for another 30 – 45 seconds, depending on your microwave.
*I used chopped broccoli, onion, tomato, bacon and topped it with cheddar cheese.
I’d love to hear what combinations you come up with! Enjoy